Fast becoming one of New Zealand’s favourite tomatoes, having strong cut-through within a saturated market.
The Tomatoberry™ point of difference is the unique heart shape, together with an impressive flavour and satisfying thick flesh.
Tomatoberry™ won 3rd place in the Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards in 2008 and as a result received strong media attention. Freshmax™ recognised a gap in the NZ market for this superior product and quickly proceeded to secure the NZ license.
Superior, old fashioned tomato taste
Heart-shaped and bite sized
Demand for tomatoberry is rising throughout New Zealand
- Average fruit weights: 8 –12g
- Size: Similar to a cherry tomato
- Shape: Heart
- Colour: Deep red
- Texture and flavour: Thick flesh with a homegrown tomato-like flavour
- Setting speed is relatively slow, it is to be harvested individually with the calyx on
- Three trusses can be flowering / harvesting at once
- The flower trusses are long with between 25 and 35 fruit per truss
- The size of the fruit is quite uniform from the top to the bottom of the truss
Freshmax Australia invests in Seedless Citrus production
Freshmax Australia has recently made significant ...Read
Freshmax Elevates Branding & Communications
Following recent news that the Freshmax Group will be ...Read