Fast becoming one of New Zealand’s favourite tomatoes, having strong cut-through within a saturated market.
The Tomatoberry™ point of difference is the unique heart shape, together with an impressive flavour and satisfying thick flesh.
Tomatoberry™ won 3rd place in the Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards in 2008 and as a result received strong media attention. Freshmax™ recognised a gap in the NZ market for this superior product and quickly proceeded to secure the NZ license.
Superior, old fashioned tomato taste
Heart-shaped and bite sized
Demand for tomatoberry is rising throughout New Zealand
- Average fruit weights: 8 –12g
- Size: Similar to a cherry tomato
- Shape: Heart
- Colour: Deep red
- Texture and flavour: Thick flesh with a homegrown tomato-like flavour
- Setting speed is relatively slow, it is to be harvested individually with the calyx on
- Three trusses can be flowering / harvesting at once
- The flower trusses are long with between 25 and 35 fruit per truss
- The size of the fruit is quite uniform from the top to the bottom of the truss